Wednesday, February 3, 2010

cows playing chicken

On the way to work today I saw a cow and a bull, or maybe it was a bull and a bull, race towards each other in a game of chicken. The cow/bull that won got to eat the pile of greens and garbage on the ground. This scene shocked me, but not as much as it would have four weeks ago. I am telling you, there is always something to look at here.

I decided that I have not been doing enough Indian cooking, in fact, the only Indian cooking I am doing is making porridge and I can only consider it Indian cooking because I am using a pressure cooker. Today at lunch I announced that I would like my co-workers to share a recipe a day; they love this idea. Tanvi was up first- she gave me the recipe for Allo KiSabzi (potatoes with spices) and was amazed that we haven't bought any spices, or oil for that matter, yet. That will change with my next visit to the market. I have a full list: jeera (cumin), haldi (turmeric), dhania (cilantro)...and the list goes on. I will work hard to perfect this recipe and all of the others that I gather so I can make them for all of you when I return.

Here are some
photos from the last couple weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! I'll be looking forward to having some home-cooked Indian food when you come visit NY later in the year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post any recipes that you discover there! I would love to try them out. Last night, Tyler and I made this (sans dairy products): http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/feisty-green-beans-recipe.html

    My mouth was on fire because we dialed up the curry as we made it--and I thought of you :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's nothing. our tail-less squirrel (you remember him?? he's alive and well) battled an alligator yesterday BARE HANDED. and BARE ASSED, no tail! the streets of ferndale are rough, man, let me tell you. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete