Thursday, April 1, 2010

...and now, the debrief

Last week, after lots of research, design, and interviewing, I finally delivered the workshop that has been the central focus of my work here. The two-day workshop, given to 20 of my co-workers, was a mix of blank language-barrier-induced stares, and the rewarding moments for which all experiential/participatory facilitators dream of.

Professionally, this has been an incredible journey for me. Marked with indecisiveness, uncertainty and unproductivity for a few weeks in February and culminating with incredible days that whizzed by full of inspiration, creativity and bouts of non-stop feverish writing.

As great as it was, I am glad that it is over. I will spend my last days here at work making revisions and additions to the Facilitator’s Handbook that I will be passing on to our organization. My hope, and that of the Executive Director, is that this workshop will be adapted for other local organizations.


Enjoy the pics.

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful, Dan! Congrats!

    We missed you guys at Passover seder... I hope you enjoyed your Indian version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...culminating with incredible days that whizzed by full of inspiration, creativity and bouts of non-stop feverish writing."

    Sounds wonderful! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete